Choice of Entity; Entity Formation (Unincorporated Associations; Domestic and Foreign Corporations; Limited Liability Companies; Professional Corporations; and Partnerships) Start Up Consultations; Business Plans; Assisting with Funding; Commercial Lease Negotiations; and Contracts
Ms Nakasaka represented Watec Co., Ltd (Plaintiff) in a complex trademark infringement case in which the jury awared $5.9 million in Central District Court (Federal Court). Defendant was represented by Trojan Law Offices in Beverly Hills. Defendant appealed to the United States Court for the 9th Circuit, and the court denied a new trial. The case was published and cited in following intellectual property cases.
Ms. Nakasaka has represented multiple car washes and restaurants against labor violations throughout the years; most of which settled. She has also represented a California corporation who was a defendant and appellant. She was successful on appeal. Laguna Dana Investments, Inc. v. Sirous & Sons Rug Gallery (see attached) Her most recent case involved thirteen claimants in a wage claim. She represented Izakaya Fu-Ga, a Japanese fine dining restaurant in the heart of Little Tokyo. Claimants were represented by Asian American Advancing Justice and Restaurant Opportunities Center.
Intellectual Property Law
State and Federal Trademark Registration and Prosecution; Trade Secrets; and Copyrights Registration.
Central District Court (Federal); Governor George Deukmejian Court (Long Beach); Inglewood; San Bernardino; Murietta; Ventura; Victorville; Rancho Cucamonga; Harbor Justice Center (Newport Beach); North Justice Center (Fullerton); Central Justice Center (Santa Ana); Downey; Pasadena; Glendale; Fontana; Compton; Torrance; Bauchet; Metro; Bellflower; and Norwalk
Estate Planning Experience
Living Trusts; Wills; Living Will; Durable Power of Attorney; and Springing Power of Attorney
- What You Need to Know About Starting Your Own Business
- How to Form a Corporation
- What the D2 Oil Business Means to the World
- Understanding The Challenges of Real Estate Investing
Co Instructed Classes for a U.C.L.A. program in Choice of Entity Instructed at Small Business Development projects in the County of Los Angeles Lectured at business meetings for real estate investment meetup groups
Leadership Positions in Community
Toastmasters International Area Governor for District 52 (2010) Figuratively Speaking Toastmasters President (2010)
- Bet Tzedek – On Call Attorney
- Lawyers Without Borders - On Call Attorney
- Los Angeles County Superior Court- Court Appointed Mediator (7+ years)
- Bet Tzedek- Volunteer Attorney
- Toastmasters International- Competent Communicator (x2)
Certificates and Degrees
- Pepperdine University School of Law – Mediating Litigated Cases
- Glendale University College of Law- Juris Doctorate (June 1996)
- Serial entrepreneur with over 30 years of experience
- Over 20 years of experience as an investor of both stocks and real estate
- General counsel for Kyokushin Karate of Los Angeles
- General counsel for 9th Circuit, Inc. with revenues of over $10 million in 1990’s.